Google
 

Friends and Friendship Quotes  

Love is only chatter, Friends are all the matter. - Gelett Burgess

Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mine? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days o' auld lang syne? - Burns

I would not enter on my list of friends,(though graced with polished manners and fine sense yet wanting sensibility)the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm. - Cowper

Elysium is as far as to the very nearest room, if in that room a friend await felicity or doom. - Emily Dickinson

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy shall meet him everywhere. - Emerson

He gained from Heaven (that was wished) a friend. - Gray

Green be the turf above thee, Friend of my better days! None knew thee but to love thee, nor named thee but to praise. - Fitz Greene Halleck

Friends of my bossom, thou more than a brother, why wert thou not born in my father's dwelling? - Charles Lamb

When i remember all the friends, so linked together, I've seen around me fall, like leaves in wintry weather, I feel like one who treads alone some banquet-hall deserted... - Moore

The only way to be friend is to be one. - Emerson

Friends are like melons. Shall I tell you why? To find one good, you must a hundred try. - Claude Mermet

What is thine is mine and all mine is thine. - Plautus

A friend is one whom I may think aloud. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thou wert my guide, philosopher and friend. - Pope

Against a foe I can myself defend, but Heaven protect me from a blundering friend! - D'Archy W. Thompson

Those friends thou hast, and their adoptation tried, grapple them to they soul with hoops of steel. - Shakespeare

As old wood is best to burn, old horse to ride, old book to read, and old wine to drink, so are old friends always most trusty to use. - Leonard Wright

Be slow to fall into friendship, but when thou art in continue firm and constant. - Socrates

Friendship, peculiar boon of Heaven, the noble mind's delight and pride, to men and angels only given to all the lower world denied.

Friendship is single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle

Frienship is almost always the union of one mind with a part of another; people are friends in spot. - George Santayana

The world is round so that friendship may circle it. - Pierre Teihard De Chardin

Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly. - Shakespeare

Reprove your friends in secret, praise them openly. - Syrus

True friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to appellation. - George Washington